The Operations Team Member will play a part in the development and growth of the LTL freight brokerage team. In this role, you will assist shippers, carriers and sales people to grow the business by providing the best possible customer service.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate service capabilities and pricing commitments with carriers
- Dispatch and track shipments to ensure all load requirements are met
- Find and develop qualified new carriers
- Maintain and grow current carrier and customer relationships
- Adept knowledge of modes of transportation (i.e. Truckload, LTL, Intermodal, Specialized, Air & Expedite)
- Carrier development skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn proprietary software
- College Degree preferred and or transportation work experience
- Aggressive hunter mentality
- Presentation skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent communicator
- Motivates people through collaborative skills
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health Insurance packages
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Fast-paced office environment with casual dress code.
- Training & Development Programs
- Plus more!